Welcome!

Welcome! If you are interested in discovering what the Army is all about and what we have to offer you here at Kings Point you have come to the right spot. This blog will be used to post information about upcoming events that the Army Program is running, share information on Army schools and training, and most importantly to answer your questions about the different Army commissioning options available to you. Feel free to ask questions and share your experiences. Have a good one...

Friday, May 27, 2011

Letter from Ranger School

Here's a letter that we received from 2LT Alexander Wingate, a 2010 graduate of USMMA and currently a U.S. Army Infantry Officer attending Ranger School.

"CPT G, CPT Burgos and 1SG Swiderski, I am sending this update from the field to keep you all posted on my progress thus far. I am now in the classroom portion of the mountain phase preparing for my first 5-day FTX (Field Training Exercise) for graded patrols. I was able to pass Darby with two goes on my patrols (Squad Leader with an OPORD brief and as Alpha Team Leader) RAP (Ranger Assessment Phase) week went well for the most part but I had some trouble with the Malvesti Obstacle Course and Ranger Stakes (overall passed). I did sustain an injury but have been working through it. I nearly was a heat cat (hot weather injury) in Darby but after fluids was able to return to training. I would tell any future Infantry LTs to force hydrate and stretch their muscles during Ranger. I am paying for it now and it’s an extra burden. Just to paint a picture about Ranger Class, 6-11 started with 406 men on April 24th. By Thursday of that week, RAP had eliminated more than 1/3, where my company went from 140 to 67. We bumped back up to 112 with recycles when Darby started, and by the end of patrols we were down to 55. My company (Alpha) is only 50 men, so our platoon is the company. Out of all the LTs sent from IBOLC from my company (120) we are at about 50-60 remaining. I am one of seven left from the 16 in my platoon from IBOLC left. It’s interesting to be one of the few of my original peers to be left. I have met many more LTs from other branches (still largely an LT class). The keys to this course so far is to follow directions given but don't rely on others to complete the task for you. Some times it’s just not in the cards. I am realistic and understand that factors out of my control can delay or stop my graduating. However, with that said, this course is definitely "do-able" so far. An important outlook I have to keep is that I am not trying out so I can wear a tab, instead I am learning and training to be one of the few proud Infantrymen in this country and have the tactical skills required to accomplish my tasks down range... Respectfully, Alexander Wingate"

Link to Ranger School

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. bakırköy ingilizce kursları

    ReplyDelete